Shareholder voting is a process where equity owners participate in the company wide decisions. We support voting both offchain and onchain.
- In offchain voting, you take a snapshot of registered assembly participants and their voting rights. Then you use a special corporate governance platform to organise voting.
- In onchain voting, the participants vote on each topic transparently on blockchain, using their token wallets
In off-chain voting, shareholders need to register to present themselves in a general assembly beforehand.
- A snapshot of eligible votes the certain point of time, see cap table management
- Issuer invites the shareholders to the meeting through email address they have in the shareholder registry
- Issuer opens a master account in the corporate governance system
- Issuer gives registered participants an shareholder account and allocates voting rights proportionally to their registered shares
- The general assembly meeting is run the corporate governance system, each agenda item is voted individually online
- Participants chat with the meeting chair and other participants online in the corporate governance system
- The meetings minutes is automatically produced afterwards
An example of a suitable corporate governance and voting service is KoreConX.
Using on-chain voting with voting contract¶
This gives shareholders the ability to vote on-chain.
To deploy the voting smart contract run:
sto --config=myconfig.ini voting-deploy --token-address="0x..." --kyc-address="0x.." --voting-name="abcd" --uri="http://tokenmarket.net" --type="0"
--token-addressis the address of the deployed security token.
--kyc-addressis the address of the deployed kyc smart contract.
--voting-nameis the name you want to give to your Voting smart contract
--uriuri used for announcement
--typeused in announcement smart contract